Objective of the project - to create Earth remote sensing national system (hereinafter - ERS) which includes two ERS satellites, ground control complex and ground dedicated complex for receiving and processing space data.
The structure of eRS space system
The ERS of the Republic of Kazakhstan will consist of space and ground segments.
The space segment of the system will consist of two satellites that are classified as low orbit space vehicles according to the height of the working orbit.
The creation of the Earth remote sensing space system of the Republic of Kazakhstan is aimed to meet the following challenges:
- Prevention, monitoring and estimation of consequences of natural disasters;
- Exploration and production of minerals and energy resources;
- The control of property and infrastructure condition;
- Ecological monitoring;
- Monitoring of steppe and forest fires;
- Monitoring land use, forestry and agriculture;
Target groups of consumers for ERS data:
- The Government bodies.
- Scientific institutions.
- Commercial organizations.
Time-frame for the realization of the project – 2006-2014.
- The Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the French Republic regarding the terms of creation and use of the Earth Remote Sensing Space System and the Assembly and Testing Complex of Spacecrafts has been signed.
- The Contract for delivery of the ERS SS RK between JSC "NC "Kazakhstan Gharysh Sapary" and «EADS Astrium» (France) has been signed.