The aim of the project – creation of technological and production facility in Kazakhstan for assembly, integration and testing of spacecrafts, components of payloads and elements of spacecrafts. AITC SC will be operated by “Ghalam” LLP – joint venture of JSC “NC “Kazakhstan Gharysh Sapary” and Airbus Defence and Space (France).
Facilities consist of:
· Special Design-Technological Bureau of Spacecrafts which provides design and engineering wiorks;
· Assembly, Integration and Testing Center which provides complete cycle of assembly, integration and testing of spacecrafts from 100 kg up to 6 tons;
· Pilot production which will have laboratories and workshops for manufacturing of certain components of spacecrafts.
Characteristics of spacecrafts which could be assembled, integrated and tested in AITC SC::
· Mass range: from 100 kg up to 6 tons;
· Spacecrafts of various purposes, including telecom satellites, ERS satellites, scientific satellites, etc.
Implementation of the “Creation of Assembly, Integration and Testing Center of Spacecrafts” project permits:
· to create own high-tech plant which can provide complete cycle of creation of spacecrafts, components of payload and elements of spacecrafts (design, manufacturing, assembly and testing),
· to place orders in the country for creation of own spacecrafts and over the long term to ensure the entry to international market of spacecraft manufacturers,
· to create the special design-technological bureau of spacecrafts with pilot production,
· to prepare highly-qualified engineering and technical personnel,
· to master the advanced technology,
· to develop the local scientific, technological and industrial potential.